In a logistics world characterized by shortened lead times and minimal on-hand inventories, procurement and logistics managers can depend only on the most reliable 3PL (3rd party logistics) companies to ensure their businesses run smoothly. Supply disruptions, even if occasional, can have a harrowing and costly effect on any business.
Dependability, supported by advanced electronic management, excellent communications and monitoring, a professional and committed staff, and an unwavering commitment to excellence are the hallmarks of a top 3PL company (see our list of the top 5 factors to consider when selecting a logistics provider).
As a long-standing leader among 3PL companies, BR Williams of Alabama commits their full resources and energy to providing professional and timely logistical services to each of their clients. BR Williams’ trucking, warehousing, and logistics groups integrate as seamlessly as any in-house logistics department. With a fully collaborative approach, BR Williams employees continuously search for better ways to serve.
What Makes BR Williams Different From Other 3PL Companies?
1. Best-in-Class Electronic Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
In our high-speed, just-in-time world, managing inbound and outbound cargo requires state-of-the-art technology. 3PL companies keeping track of the location of every unit of inventory and equipment that is inbound, on-hand, and outbound is an essential discipline of successful logistics management. BR Williams employs WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) that provide inventory tracking tailored to specific customer needs that track every aspect of storage, shipment, and delivery.
Capabilities of BR Williams’ 3PL WMS:
- Internet-enabled functionality provides real-time information about new orders, delivery status, summary reports, forecasts, and more.
- Real-time inventory processing identifies the quantity and location of all inventory that can trigger reorder points.
- Stock rotation and inventory tracking is a critical function of quality warehouse management. WMS identifies the code and location of items that are next for outbound shipment in a FIFO system. And the system allows for tracking the location history of each unit.
- Managing packaging options for items stored in bulk that, as an extra service, may be repackaged on site into private labels for delivery.
- Kitting and re-kitting is a 3PL process in which BR Williams’ trained associates pack specific items together as a single unit. Re-kitting occurs when full kits may be returned, and the associates disassemble the package to recover salvageable or sellable items. The system also keeps track of returned goods and backorders.
- WMS creates summary reports for each level of logistics management. The reports provide the best 3PL companies with areas needing improvement.
2. Dedication to Drivers and Staff
Since its startup in 1958, BR Williams has recognized that commitment to the safety and welfare of its staff and drivers are the key to continued success. Employee empowerment and reward for exemplary service are a part of the success and longevity of the company, which today operates over 150 vehicles.
BR Williams’ “Million Mile Club” recognition is awarded to those who have driven one million miles accident-free. This fantastic award includes a cash prize and other rewards. This year, one of the 19 female drivers achieved this lofty plateau, a testament to BR Williams’ commitment to safety and the company’s excellent employee retention record.
To further enhance the safety of BR Williams driver employees, the company has added onboard cameras to monitor the conditions in front of and around the vehicle as the driver sees them. This monitoring helps to identify the real cause of an accident and relieves the driver of unwarranted blame. Inside cameras, also known as Driver Risk Management Systems, record when a driver may be falling asleep, texting, or operating improperly. This monitoring is, in fact, a positive development for the driver, since it helps to ensure the driver is focused on safe driving.
3. Commitment to On-Time Delivery, Non-Damaged Loads, & Capabilities That Go Above and Beyond
Every part of logistics operations is measurable, and 3PL companies like BR Williams must meet specific performance criteria to avoid failure.
Crucial elements of performance criteria include:
- Continually strengthening customer service and communication
- Meeting on-time delivery targets
- Eliminating product damage
- Improving safety practices
- Consistently providing accurate invoicing
BR Williams’ well-trained and dedicated staff understands every customer’s need for accuracy and high-quality service.
As if nearly 60 years of exemplary service is not sufficient proof of BR Williams’ dedication to quality, it is also important to note that the company’s first customer is still using BR Williams as their choice among 3PL companies.
Reputation is everything these days. Today, most of the public relies heavily on online testimonials to support their purchasing decisions. Very few consumers will choose a hotel, restaurant, type of shoe, or even a washing machine without consulting personal testimonies. As a result, logistics companies have become more intense in their commitment to customer service and quality.
BR Williams has always made customer satisfaction its highest priority. The company urges potential clients looking for quality 3PL companies to research their reviews and testimonials.
Also, for good measure, consult the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for their assessment.
About BR Williams Trucking & Logistics
BR Williams is a 62-year-old, family-owned Trucking, Warehousing & Logistics Company. We specialize in removing the supply chain frustrations our customers have by developing custom-made solutions. We offer nationwide transportation services through our fleet and logistics division. Our six fulfillment and distribution centers are located in the Southeast and span over 1.7 million square feet. Our core values are Honesty | Integrity | Service and we still serve our first customer that was established in 1958.