Intermodal Trucking & Drayage Services in Mobile, AL
Drayage capacity is tight in the Port of Mobile. You have more options (such as cross-docking). Streamline to BR Williams.
Our distribution center/warehouse is strategically located near the Port of Mobile
With a drayage capacity shortage at the Port of Mobile and container rentals/chassis being so expensive, BR Williams professionals can help you with cost-effective solutions.
Once your container arrives at the Port, we have the capacity to locally dray the container directly to our Mobile, AL Distribution Center & Warehouse. For your palletized products, we will provide 53’ vans to your location and bring the products to our Mobile location. Our professionals will trans-load or cross-dock your palletized shipment to a container and then return the container to APM Terminals. This option insures your containers are loaded and delivered to the Port of Mobile, with no extra cost.
As an added value, our warehouse and distribution center in Mobile, Alabama offers the following services:
- Container Drayage
- Cross Docking Warehouse & Services
- LCL Consolidation
- Kitting / Packaging
- Container Stripping / Stuffing
- Truck Load Freight ServicesRequest a Quote
- Break Bulk
Our warehouse and distribution facility in Mobile, AL is strategically located in Mobile County, Alabama. This allows for easy access to I-65, I-10, I-165 and Highway 43. We service the entire southeast region of the United States and our intermodal team is committed to providing the highest standard of customer service.
“I want to let you know that thus far BR Williams – Mobile has truly done an OUTSTANDING job handling our material.
I could not be happier honestly.
We have had accounts with over 40 different 3PL’s and I can honestly say so far, BR Williams has been the most organized!
I really appreciate everything Sir, and I look forward to doing a ton of business with BR Williams.”Ryan Hensley
Key Features & Services for Intermodel Trucking & Drayage Services
- Superior Customer Service: The BR Williams Logistics Division has an innovative and unique approach to procurement that is based on The “Platinum” Rule. We treat our carriers, better than they would like to be treated. The benefits for our shipper customers are numerous: higher percentage of on-time pick-ups and deliveries, less volatile rates, less volatile access to capacity, lower claims ratio, the higher performance associated with carriers that have a vested interest in their success with BR Williams’ customers (as opposed to a different carrier for every load). We move 70% of our loads with our top 20 carriers.
- Tracking Portal: We offer unparalleled customer access to the tracking information and documents that they need. Our tracking portal gives direct access to all loads, past present and future as well as current status and location history (if tracking GPS tracking is requested). Additionally, our customers can access BOL’s and POD’s directly from the portal. BR Williams Logistics Division also offers Rapid Alert Notification whereby the client is notified upon pick-up and/or delivery via email. We also offer GPS Tracking as an option for sensitive loads where the customer is sent an email of the load’s location at whatever frequency they like, to whatever email recipients that they designate.
- White Glove Care and Appreciation: We have been offering our transportation and trucking services in Alabama since 1958 under the leadership of the same family that founded our company. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Service are the heart of our company and every driver that picks up and delivers a customers product cares for it like its our own.
- Shipment Status and Tracking: Customers can check on the status of their shipments through our online customer load tracking so you can always see where their products are.
- Inventory Accuracy: With complete visibility throughout your supply chain, we use our WMS Portal to enter all units/parts and track all inventory as it comes in, while it is in our facility and when it is shipped out. We have over 1.7 million square feet of warehouse space throughout six locations and they are ISO Certified 9001:2015 so our policies and procedures always improve.
- Program Management: We provide customized warehousing and distribution solutions to meet the needs of all our customers. From one box to thousands of individual parts or pallets, we can handle all aspects of receiving and order fulfillment based on the unique demands of your business.
About BR Williams
BR Williams is a complete supply chain service provider. We began our trucking division in 1958 and expanded into warehousing/distribution in 1992. We now have six distribution centers located across Southeast United States. We provide top notch truckload service, transportation, distribution, and logistics services.
With locations in Mobile AL; Piedmont, AL; Tallahassee, FL; Anniston, AL (two facilities); Eastaboga, AL; and Oxford, AL, BR Williams’ distribution network supports over 50 customers and another 2,500 in the Trucking and Logistics divisions. The industries we serve include: automotive, defense, home improvement, education, food raw materials, textiles, chemical, industrial packaging, metals (finished goods), highway safety and more. We are held to highest level of standard under the 9001:2015 Quality System Registration and are constantly improving and streamlining our policies and procedures. Learn more by requesting a free quote or by contacting us today!
“BR Williams is an excellent trucking company and service provider for our company. We use them for flatbed moves to container stripping and everything in between. They are always competitive and the service is outstanding.”Steven Ochs
Ready to Get Started?
"As Director of Logistics for a large automotive concern, logistics issues are normal daily events, but when a container of new machinery arriving at the Port of Mobile was accidentally dumped on the terminal yard, a whole set of unfamiliar problems arrived on my desk. Although I wasn’t an existing customer, the team at BR Williams treated our organization like we may well have been their only customer! With white-glove attention to detail, BR Williams coordinated cranes, assisted with recovery of the damaged goods from port, provided drayage services, trans-loaded and warehoused the damaged goods, hosted the salvage surveyors, trans-loaded the good materials to previously contracted carriers—essentially acted as our 3PL working well beyond normal business hours to help make a bad situation better. They earned my professional respect in just a few short days and can rest assured that they have earned a spot in my book of trusted suppliers of quality logistics services. Kudos!"
Just for stopping by today, we’d like to share with you our FREE eBook: How to Lower My Firm's Intermodal & Drayage Costs
Frequently Asked Questions
How much cargo liability insurance do you have?
BR Williams carries up to $500,000 in liability insurance.
What kind of equipment do you have?
BR Williams is a dry van only fleet, but we do move flatbeds everyday with our contract partner carriers (Logistics Division).
Do you have cold storage in warehousing?
No. However, we do broker cold storage trucks through our Logistics Services.
Do you have load tracking?
Are you a bonded warehouse?
No. BR Williams is not a bonded warehouse.
Can I view my warehouse inventory online?
Yes. Our customers can access their inventory by logging into our WMS Portal on our website.
Is BR Williams Trucking, Inc. ISO 9001:2015 Certified?
YES! ISO 9000 is a series of quality standards that outline the requirements for quality management systems. They were developed to promote worldwide standards for management of quality. We received our initial certification April 10, 2002 by our registrar NSF International Strategic Registrations, LTD. and are currently in good standing. An auditor from NSF-ISR conducts surveillance audits and Re-assessment audits periodically to examine our quality system for compliance. The certification is utilized within BR Williams to develop, implement, and improve the effectiveness of the processes and procedures to assure consistent quality service to our customers.
Phone: (251) 345-6820
Toll Free: (800) 523-7963
5360 Commerce Blvd. East
Mobile, AL 36619
“Tricord International depends heavily on the transportation services and inventory management services that BR Williams so effectively provides. Our business runs smoother because of their partnership.”Tricord International